At The Haven, a boutique storefront located at Fossil Creek Tree Farm, we strive to inspire, educate, and serve our customers as they bring the outside into their homes. Elevating Fossil Creek Tree Farm to be more than a tree farm, we offer a curated selection of hand-picked houseplants, pottery, art, candles, gifts, and more that changes seasonally and provides décor inspiration.
At Fossil Creek Tree Farm, a family-owned tree farm and nursery, we strive to provide inspiration and an understanding of plants to every homeowner and plant seeker who steps into our store. Located on 8.5 acres with Fossil Creek running along the back of our property, we are known for our stock of over 3,000 trees. Recently winning the honors of being one of the 2020 Best Companies to Work For in Fort Worth and The Top 100 Garden Centers, we know that being a great place to work starts with having a great team.
Join us! We’re looking to add to our growing team! The ideal candidate will have a passion for indoor plants and helping others.
The Sales Associate is responsible for connecting with customers throughout their shopping experience and providing the inspiration and knowledge needed for them to make the right purchases. The ideal candidate has experience working with customers on the floor in a retail setting, has basic indoor and outdoor gardening knowledge, and knows how to execute and maintain visual merchandising displays.
This position is for you if you enjoy working directly with customers, have a passion for decorating, and are always looking for ways to inspire people’s purchase selections through creative merchandising designs and suggestive selling.
- Welcomes and engages with customers throughout their shopping experience
- Assists customers with their product selection by uncovering their needs and presenting options
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell products based on the customer’s selections and wants
- Cashes out customers from both the boutique store and nursery
- Leads the process of updating and refreshing visual merchandising displays as products are sold
- Assists with the designing and implementation of large and small visual merchandising displays that creatively show products and drive sales
- Maintains the store’s cleanliness, organization, and display of products
- Restocks in-store product selection and product information packets
- Keeps backstock organized and ready to move to in-store displays
- Helps process incoming shipments and the organization and tagging of products upon their arrival
- Packages online orders for shipment
- Helps maintain online Shopify store (task performed by select Sales Associates)
- Assists with social media content creation by taking photos and creating Instagram Stories (task performed by select Sales Associates)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Sales Associate Experience (Required)
- Merchandising Experience (Required)
- Social Media Experience (Preferred)
- Online Store Management Experience (Preferred)
- Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
- Full-Time Position - 40 hours of work per week
- Part-Time Position – 25 to 30 hours of work per week
- Availability to work Monday through Saturday (Saturday shift required)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to walk or maneuver around the store for 6+ hours per shifts
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Closed on Sundays
- Paid Vacation from Christmas to New Years
- Industry Personal Development Opportunities
- Allowance for Non-Work-Related Personal Development
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability